The Player's physical appearance is not seen in-game, and any surfaces that could reflect the Player's appearance are shown as shadows. The Player has not talked and the only known information about them is that they were formerly an employee for Playtime Co., but either left their job, replaced by another employee, or were fired. When their GrabPack is pulling a heavy object, the Player can still move around with ease. During the vent chase, the Player is shown to be agile in their movements, being able to turn around corners, enter lower parts of the vents and even run quickly, while still holding the GrabPack.
If The Player dies, one of few death screens will appear, followed by a white screen and then being teleported back to the last autosave checkpoint. The death quotes are random, and some relating to the lore.
List of Chapter 1 death screens
- ɔ̃ɛ̃X́ŋG̀ ɛ̃ᴜãŋ ǝ̀ããà ᴜãʌ̀ɚ̀. Get up.
- Don't die just yet. Get up.
- Exp. 1006. Isn't he wonderful?
- More lives are at risk than just yours. Get up.
- It's not your time. Get up.
- Death isn't permanent. Get up.
- It's too early to die. Get up.
- I need you alive. Get up.
- Don't let them inside. Get up.
- INNOVATION IS KEY. THANK YOU SCIENCE.
- In the vent chase, when Huggy Wuggy gets too close, the GrabPack shakes, as if the Player is shaking in fear.
|Elliot Ludwig • Stella Greyber • Leith Pierre • Marcas Brickley • Scientist • Rich • Avery • Jimmy Roth • Eddy Ritterman • Dr. Matthew Wayson • Matteo Lata • Sarah Abell|
|Marie Payne • Makayla Hyssop|
|The Player • Molly Ludwig • Interviewer • Jaren • Sharon|